Jobs for Philosophers is now PhilJobs:Jobs for Philosophers, the fruit of the partnership between the American Philosophical Association and the PhilPapers Foundation. The new site is based upon the combined databases of PhilJobs and Jobs for Philosophers, running on an updated version of the PhilJobs site software. As such, it offers job seekers a powerful and straightforward search experience, while making it easy for employers to list positions. The new PhilJobs:Jobs for Philosophers website also takes advantage of the international standing of PhilJobs and is affiliated with Western University, the Institute of Philosophy, and the Australian National University.
PhilJobs: Jobs for Philosophers ►
You do not need to log in to browse or search job listings. In order to post a job or save a job, you will need to create a PhilPapers account, or use your existing PhilPapers account, and log in.
Highlights for job seekers
- Job seekers will keep their current PhilJobs accounts. Any saved jobs, searches, or email alerts will continue to be available to existing users.
- Job listings can be searched by job type, contract type, location, AOS, AOC, and keywords.
- Search results are sortable by date listed, deadline, or alphabetically by institution.
- Users can save jobs and searches for later use as well as create email alerts based on their searches.
- Expired job listings will remain accessible.
- Both APA members and non-members can view job listings.
Highlights for employers
- Current job listings from Jobs for Philosophers and PhilJobs have been moved to the new website.
- There is no APA membership requirement to view job listings or to place a job ad, giving the site and all job listings a larger audience.
- Jobs will be listed until the application deadline or a 120-day maximum, and will continue to be accessible and searchable thereafter as expired jobs.
- PhilJobs: Jobs for Philosophers accepts all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover).
- Details on sliding scale pricing and placement of job ads can be found on the PhilJobs:Jobs for Philosophers website.
Contact Mike Morris with any questions.