Please prepare the text of your advertisement using the following checklist. The National Office reserves the right to edit as necessary. Please read the five APA Board Statements and ensure that your hiring practices, including your ads, comply with both the spirit and the letter of these APA Board Statements
1. Status of Position (definite, possible, other; regular, one-year only; number of vacancies with same description; beginning date for position). List all applicable categories.
2. Title of vacant position.
3. Teaching load.
4. Level of courses to be taught.
5. Specific courses to be taught.
6. Thesis supervision (yes or no).
7. Nonteaching duties.
8. Qualifications: areas of specialization, areas of competence, degree (MA, ABD, Ph.D. prior to appointment or application), experience.
9. Starting salary (if known).
10. Academic calendar (semester, quarter, other).
11. Summer work (yes, no, possibly, other).
12. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (yes or no).
13. Materials to accompany application. Unless otherwise requested, candidates are instructed to submit a complete dossier (letters of reference, teaching evaluations, etc.) and a curriculum vitae including:
(a) names and addresses of references;
(b) title of dissertation and dissertation supervisor;
(c) publications, if any;
(d) extent to which Ph.D. requirements have been completed as of date of application;
(e) expected date of completion of remaining requirements;
(f) areas of specialization and competence; and
(g) teaching experience, if any.
14. Mailing address of person to whom inquiries should be addressed, and whether submissions are acceptable via electronic mail.
15. Telephone number if you wish it to be published in announcement.
16. Indicate interviewing plans (Eastern, Pacific or Central Meeting) and if interviewing plans should be published.
17. Deadline for applying for position. Deadlines must be at least two weeks after publication date. Note: if no deadline is stated, it is assumed that applications will be accepted for at least 30 days after the date of publication.