Below are step-by-step instructions for posting a new ad. These instructions, as well as additional information, are available on the JFP website.
- Go to http://jfp.apaonline.org.
- Click "Employer Register" on the right-hand side of the page.
- Fill out your information. Choose your username carefully, since this cannot be changed once your account is created.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click "Create Account." You will be taken to your dashboard.
- Select "Job Packs" from the gray tabs.
- Choose a job pack with the right duration and number of ads for your needs.
- Select "Continue to Payment." You will be taken to PayPal.
- Under "Don't have a PayPal account?" complete your information and click “Continue.” You can also use your PayPal account if you prefer.
- Complete the credit card form on the following page, then hit "Review and Continue."
- Confirm your payment and click "Pay Now."
- Select "Return to The American Philosophical Association." After a few seconds, you will be taken back to your JFP dashboard.
- After the above step, you will receive an email from Jobs for Philosophers that confirms your order and provides you the link to set up your Interfolio account. If you would like to set up an Interfolio account, follow this link before creating your ad.
- It may take a minute or two for the PayPal payment to be processed. Once it has, the job pack will appear in your Dashboard under "Job Packs."
- On the right side of the page, click "Submit an ad.”
- Complete the form (two pages) and submit.
- We will receive a notification that an ad has been submitted. Once we approve the ad, you will receive a notification.
Once it has been posted, you can edit your ad, but keep in mind that editing the ad will change its status to “Pending,” so the APA can approve the changes.