Proposed amendments to the APA bylaws
At its meeting earlier this month, the APA board of officers proposed several amendments to the bylaws of the association. According to the procedure outlined in the bylaws themselves, these amendments will be presented, for discussion or amendment only, at each of the three divisional business meetings this membership year, beginning with the Eastern Division meeting in Atlanta next month. After the amendments are discussed, they will be submitted to a mail ballot in each division.
The bylaws amendments proposed by the board have been posted on our website. The amendments address the following items:
- The term of the executive director
- The addition of three at-large members to the board of officers
- The removal of the immediate past presidents of the divisions from the board of officers
- Electronic voting
- The process by which the board of officers and divisional executive committees can propose amendments to the association’s bylaws
- The process for approving proposed amendments to the association’s bylaws
I encourage you to read the proposed amendments and look forward to discussing these amendments at the upcoming divisional business meetings.
All the best,
Amy E. Ferrer