Pacific Division Requirements
Stipend letters must be uploaded via the website when papers are
submitted. Stipend letters are not accepted via email, fax, courier, or
- The purpose of graduate student travel stipends is to assist graduate students whose papers have been accepted for the programs of the divisional meetings.
- Eligibility is restricted to APA members or associate members who are graduate students and in good standing at a MA or Ph.D. program in philosophy.
- To be considered for these awards, the author must specify that the paper is in competition for a Graduate Student stipend. If the paper is submitted electronically, this is to be done by checking the relevant box on the online submission form; if it is submitted by mail, the paper must be accompanied by a cover letter indicating that the paper is in competition for a Graduate Student stipend. Whichever method of submission is used, the author must also supply, at the time of submission, documentation from the author's institution that shows that the author is a graduate student in good standing. Length, format, and other aspects of papers must conform to the rules of the program for submitted papers. See the Paper Submission Guidelines for specifics.
- Co-authored papers are not eligible for Graduate Student Travel Stipends unless both authors are graduate students.
- Papers for this competition will not be identified to the program committee as such until accepted for the program.
- A $300 stipend will be awarded for any paper written by a graduate student that is accepted by the Program Committee in its normal, blind-review process. Winners will be announced in the printed program.