Submissions and Review Process
Number of submissions received annually
- 2013: 300
- 2012: 227
- 2011: 265
Percentage of submissions accepted
- 2013: 12%
- 2012: 13%
- 2011: 14%
Percentage of submissions that receive at least one referee report: 78%
Average time for manuscript review in months: 4
- Editorial decision within 2 months: 25%
- Editorial decision between 2 and 6 months: 50%
- Editorial decision between 7 months and 1 year: 23%
- Editorial decision of more than 1 year: 2%
The journal has a printed version.
- Average time from acceptance to print publication in months: 8
The journal has an 'online first' system.
- Average time from acceptance to online publication in months: 2
Submissions are anonymous to the editors.
Submissions are anonymous to the reviewers.
Percentage of submissions by women: 20
Percentage of accepted articles by women: 21
Percentage of submissions by people from minority ethnic groups: not provided
Percentage of accepted articles by people from minority ethnic groups: not provided
Journal Contact Details
Editor(s)-in-chief: David Hunter
Full name: David Hunter
Title/position: Associate Professor, Philosophy, Ryerson University
Email address: [email protected]
Street address: 350 Victoria Street
Zip/postal code: M5B2K3
Website: Canadian Journal of Philosophy