Submissions and Review Process
Number of submissions received annually
- 2013: 395
- 2012: 388
- 2011: 360
Percentage of submissions accepted
- 2013: 6%
- 2012: 4%
- 2011: 4%
Percentage of submissions that receive at least one referee report: varies year to year but about 30%
Average time for manuscript review in months: 1
- Editorial decision within 2 months: 90%
- Editorial decision between 2 and 6 months: 10%
- Editorial decision between 7 months and 1 year: 0%
- Editorial decision of more than 1 year: 0%
The journal has a printed version.
- Average time from acceptance to print publication in months: 8
The journal has an 'online first' system.
- Average time from acceptance to online publication in months: 1
Submissions are not anonymous to the editors.
Submissions are anonymous to the reviewers.
Percentage of submissions by women: 35%
Percentage of accepted articles by women: 30%
Percentage of submissions by people from minority ethnic groups: 10%
Percentage of accepted articles by people from minority ethnic groups: 10%
Journal Contact Details
Editor(s)-in-chief: Robert E. Goodin, Nicholas Southwood, Lea Ypi
Full name: Bob Goodin
Title/position: Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, ANU
Email address: [email protected]
Street address: School of Philosophy, Fellows Rd Bldg 09
Zip/postal code: 2601
Website: Journal of Political Philosophy