Submissions and Review Process
Number of submissions received annually
- 2013: 120
- 2012: 90
- 2011: 110
Percentage of submissions accepted
- 2013: 20%
- 2012: 20%
- 2011: 22%
Percentage of submissions that receive at least one referee report: 80%
Average time for manuscript review in months: 3
- Editorial decision within 2 months: 15%
- Editorial decision between 2 and 6 months: 70%
- Editorial decision between 7 months and 1 year: 13%
- Editorial decision of more than 1 year: 2%
The journal has a printed version.
- Average time from acceptance to print publication in months: 24
The journal does not have an 'online first' system.
Submissions are anonymous to the editors.
Submissions are anonymous to the reviewers.
Percentage of submissions by women: 20%
Percentage of accepted articles by women: 15%
Percentage of submissions by people from minority ethnic groups: 40%
Percentage of accepted articles by people from minority ethnic groups: 35%
Journal Contact Details
Publisher: UH Press
Editor(s)-in-chief: Roger T. Ames
Full name: Jennifer Jackson
Title/position: assistant editor
Email address: [email protected]
Street address: 2530 Dole Street
Zip/postal code: 96822
Website: Philosophy East and West