Submissions and Review Process
Number of submissions received annually
- 2013: 549
- 2012: 520
- 2011: 472
Percentage of submissions accepted
- 2013: 5.6%
- 2012: 6%
- 2011: 6%
Percentage of submissions that receive at least one referee report: 100%
Average time for manuscript review in months: 2
- Editorial decision within 2 months: not available
- Editorial decision between 2 and 6 months: not available
- Editorial decision between 7 months and 1 year: not available
- Editorial decision of more than 1 year: not available
The journal has a printed version.
- Average time from acceptance to print publication in months: 15
The journal has an 'online first' system.
- Average time from acceptance to online publication in months: 1
Submissions are not anonymous to the editors.
Submissions are anonymous to the reviewers.
Percentage of submissions by women: not available
Percentage of accepted articles by women: not available
Percentage of submissions by people from minority ethnic groups: not available
Percentage of accepted articles by people from minority ethnic groups: not available
Journal Contact Details
Editor(s)-in-chief: Otavio Bueno, Vincent Hendricks, Wiebe Van Der Hoek, Gila Sher
Full name: Gila Sher
Email address: [email protected]
Street address: 14144 Kendra Way
Zip/postal code: 92064
The Editors-In-Chief have requested that the following notes be added to their responses to the survey:
The numerical data for Synthese were supplied by Springer.
Acceptance rate was calculated according to the traditional way of calculating it, i.e.: The percentage listed is the percentage of submitted articles which were either fully accepted or accepted with minor revisions after the first round of peer review.