As of 8/1/2015, the APA paper submission site is new. You may be able to complete your submission by simply following on-screen prompts, but here are instructions for reference. If you have any questions, please contact Mike Morris at the APA national office.
- Log in to the APA website at http://www.apaonline.org/login.aspx.
- Go to http://papers.apaonline.org. You will be greeted with a sign-in page. We have created accounts for APA members who were current as of 4 p.m. Eastern time on 7/31/2015. An email was sent out with login information. If you did not receive this, and you believe you should have, you can use the Forgot password link to retrieve your password. If you still cannot log in, please create a new account.
- If you are a new member, or if you renewed your membership after 7/31/2015, you will need to create an account.
- Once your account is created and you log in, answer the two preliminary questions regarding membership and publication of your paper.
- You will be taken to an intermediate screen. On the right hand side, click the Apply button (or Continue with Application button) to access your submission.
- This page is called the dashboard. Initially, you will see three sections. Start with General Information and complete each section, moving from left to right. Each section allows you to save your work in progress. Selecting Save and Exit will return you to the dashboard. A section is considered complete by the system when all required questions have been answered.
- If applying for the graduate student stipend, prior to the submission deadline (September 1), you only need to indicate this in the Author Statements section. Authors of accepted papers will be instructed to upload their documentation at the time of acceptance. At that point, you will have until until December 1, 2015 to upload documentation.
- When you’re finished, and all sections show 100% complete, click Final Review and Submit. This will show you your entire submission before you submit it.